Firstly – I’m ticked. I’m ticked that the 6 week old baby we were sharing a room with at the hospital was there because his freakn’ mom couldn’t lay off the drugs and now he is on a daily dose of morphine and going through withdrawals. I’m also ticked that they finally showed up to see their baby after 2 weeks. I am additionally ticked about these things:
- Their inability to whisper. Um yes, we are trying to sleep. And no, curtains are not sound proof – morons.
- Their inability to stop talking. 11PM – 4AM is not conversationally appropriate. And no I will not stop my wife from choking the life out of you when you wake up our baby – I think it might actually be quite humorous.
- Their inability to not bang stuff around. Quiet is usually the concept when you have neighbors trying to sleep.
- Their inability to NOT make-out. I am afraid to say that they were making out while we were trying to sleep – and with their recovering baby in the room. Idiots.
- Their inability to have some common sense. Why in God’s name would the hospital bend over backwards to get you a private room, when you haven’t been there in 2 weeks, and for basically making your baby overcome overwhelming odds just to survive. Insert appropriate descriptive cuss word here. No, the world doesn’t revolve around you.
- Their inability to bring their own supplies. No, I’d rather you didn’t use our soap and shampoo on your nasty butt. But thanks for not asking anyway. And I don’t even want to know why the shower ran for an hour, but your girl came out dry. Hmmmm.
I’ve had comments that this sounded angry. It was. I was appalled by what I saw. Hope you would be too. But I’ve edited it to be more palatable. And no we wouldn’t actually kill anybody. I guess sarcasm doesn’t translate in typing.